If you are a victim of violent crime, could you claim criminal injuries compensation?

Knife crime is on the up and reports of stabbings are common place - and they are not always gang related. A man was recently killed in Bar Uno in Camden Town following a stab wound to the chest and a teenager was recently stabbed in a Hampstead street. Victims of crime who have suffered personal injuries or mental health problems as a direct result may be entitled to compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.

Have you been a victim of crime and wish to claim personal injury compensation? Contact the specialist personal injury solicitors at Ronald Fletcher & Co Solicitors for immediate advice about claiming compensation. If you have a valid claim, we will tell you how much you could claim and how we can apply for compensation for you.

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority is a government body set up to pay damages to blameless people injured as a result of crime. Compensation amounts vary from £1,000 to £500,000 depending on the injury, the incident and other relevant factors that we will explain to you. Under the Scheme, your injuries must be serious enough in order to be awarded compensation. Victims of sexual offences can also claim compensation.

To make a claim on your behalf, we will need the appropriate information from you, request the police report and medical reports in order to lodge a claim for you. We are also likely to need an expert medical report to assess your condition, the degree of pain suffered, the treatment you have received and what the prognosis is for your recovery. We can obtain these reports on your behalf.

There are various factors taken into account by the Authority which could reduce or even negate a claim. For instance, if you have a criminal record your claim might be refused. We can advise you fully on how the compensation scheme works in practice and how it will apply in your case.

Ronald Fletcher & Co Solicitors has considerable experience in claiming compensation for victims of crime. Whether you have sustained relatively minor injuries or serious injuries such as head trauma or broken bones at the hands of another person, we can recover compensation for your injuries.

Take legal advice as soon as possible as you generally only have two years after the incident to make your compensation claim. We at Ronald Fletcher & Co will promptly advise you if you are entitled to make a claim. Call us now on 0207 624 0041 or send us an email